We arrived yesterday at our cabin and started to build this DIY slip and slide in our yard and it was SUPER FUN and easy to build with the kids. This DIY slip and slide was way better than any one that we have purchased before and way more fun and durable. We bought all of our supplies at the local Home Depot store for under $68.
Here are the supplies that we used.
10′ x 100′ roll of 6 Mil Plastic ( From painting department)
One 8′ 2 x 4 board
A bag of Garden Staples
A Garden Hose
A bottle of baby Shampoo
2 Foam Swim noodles
2 Large Nails or Tent Stakes
You can watch the Tutorial of the DIY slip and Slide in the video above or follow these simple step by step instructions.
- Buy your supplies ( We found them at Home Depot)
- Clear the area of the slide of rocks and any debris
- Take out the plastic roll and lay it out
- Roll the noodles into the bottom end of the slide and use tent stakes to secure it to the ground
- Pre-Drill holes in your 2×4 board
- Wrap the 2×4 board in the top end of the plastic and pull the slide tight.
- Secure the 2×4 to the ground by driving the stakes or nails through the board.
- Wet the slide and leave the hose on and add baby shampoo if you want it faster