Many of you have been asking lately what my diet consist of on a daily basis wanting to know how to cut and how to bulk. I have come to the conclusion that I want to stay as lean as I can and mainly for two reasons.
- I love to get out and run, I love the feeling of being able to rip out 20-30 wide arm pull-ups, I love being faster, and I like having a 6 pack without having to flex as hard as possible and get in the right lighting. These are all things which are more difficult when you are going for the bigger, bulkier look.
- My wife likes the leaner and smaller look then the beefier/bigger look. Who doesn’t like to look good for their spouse?!
A lot of you have seen my transformation from the beginning and a few of you are just getting to know me. Here is a picture of me in January after “bulking up” for 2 rounds of P90X.
I will go into detail a little bit later this week about what I did to get the bigger bulkier look as shown in this picture.
I am 5’11 and 180 lbs in this after shot
This is my schedule of what I did that will show you how to cut.
- 6:00 am- Chocholate Shakeology
- 8:00 am – A piece of fruit such as a banana, apple, or orange
- 9:30 am- Snack- granola bar
- 11:00 am- Tuna sandwhich on whole wheat bread
- 12:00pm- Run 3-5 miles
- 1:00 pm- Lunch- Grilled chicken breast and raw veggies
- 3:00pm- ½ cup of raw oatmeal mixed with water and a scoop of light brown sugar
- 5:00- P90X/ Insanity Hybrid
- 6:30- Dinner- Chicken, fish, tuna, or any lean meats, vegetables, and a salad.
Finding that spot where you want your results can take alot of planning and a lot of work. The most important thing is to keep pushing play every day. Keep showing up to your workouts and the results will come. Continue to eat clean and follow proper nutrition. Find a support group that will help influence you to make the healthy decisions that will help you transform your life.
Do you remember what your daily calories and macros were? I’m going to be starting P90X and would love to follow this simple daily meal schedule that you did. Did you use myfitnesspal at all?
Hey Randy! My daily calories were about 1600 but I didn’t keep track of macros at that time. I have myfitnesspal but have never used it at all. Have been just using Youtube and Facebook to hold myself accountable.
Ok thanks. Did you eat pretty much the same things each day? I want to make this as easy as possible and eat basically the same things. Do you have a sample meal plan or something similar that you followed?
Randy! Check out one of the latest posts that I did. I made a simple meal plan for you to download as a pdf:)